Meditation is the process of intentionally turning your attention inward away from external stressors. By consciously bringing awareness to a specific point of focus such as the breath, visualization or mantra one can reach a state of deep relaxation. From this state of deep and conscious relaxation the body releases serotonin and other feel good chemicals which repair cells and tissues. Heart rate slows and blood pressure lowers. This restful state is good for healing and fertility as the body is able to conserve needed resources.
A Regular Meditation Practice Can:
- Bring balance and harmony to your life
- Increase feelings of well-being
- Decrease pain
- Improve focus
We Currently Have a Number of Ways to Support Your Seated Meditation Practice
- Weekly meditation times are offered as part of the yoga class schedule and are open to everyone. $5.00 drop in rate, or free to students with active yoga passes.
- Group series and workshops are offered throughout the year. Please visit our events page to find out what workshops are currently being offered.
- Individual instruction is available at Wichita Body Studio and on site for those that prefer more personalized instruction.